nuffnang

Saturday, March 12, 2011

FLOORED! BY THE WAY

This afternoon got a smackdown from a teenager.


And of course, the youngster didn't have this gusti power to pin me down
like that
He floored me with this: Uncle, how do you say 'By the way' in malay?

Err.. darn, I was basically stunned. I didn't know the answer! Do you?

For the next few minutes, I had the answers, ALMOST.

By the way in BM , is.. Di samping itu....Nay, not quite right

Semestinye..... wrong again.

Then I asked the chap for a sentence to jolt up my BM knowledge and he said
By the way, are you working?

Hmmm interesting huh, how to translate that into BM?

Then my mind started ticking somehow...

By the way, are you working?
= Oh ya, awak dah kerja?

Correct or not, I don't know. So I googled. And this is what I got.
1 entries found for word by the way



According to this CARI Dictionary there are NO WORDS in malay for by the way!
In Chinese 对了- TUI LEH meaning YES right.

So friends, what's By the way, in Malay, ah?

No comments:

Post a Comment