nuffnang

Sunday, March 6, 2011

PISS OFF WITH MAXIS

A big letdown!

I really got some bones to pick with this telco called Maxis, this afternoon
was there at their KLCC office to terminate my broadband service but turned
boiling to the max.
I don't give a damn if they are earning millions by the minutes but to cheat
to get filthy rich is damn bloody disgusting , to say the least.

Around this time a year ago, I walked into a Maxis outlet telling the counter
sales personnel that I was interested in a broadband for my laptop.

So what's the procedure? And how much have I gotta pay? I asked.

Maxis
staff: Just pay RM100, show us your IC and fill up a form. Then
within 1 hour your broadband will be activated.Your monthly bill is
RM 78.00.
I agreed.

Wow, so simple, no sweat very efficient service, by the next hour I was
happily surfing in my shop in downtown Kuala Lumpur. But little did I know
that when reached my house in Sri Gombak (by the way, my house is 600ft
above sea level, on top of a hill) the accessibility of the Internet using the newly
bought broadband was practically a big zerrooooo! My laptop couldn't find the
Internet!

Thinking that the service might improved later, I did not terminate the
Internet service immediately. Hope against hope. Nothing changed. I could
only do surfing in the city but not on higher ground and also 'service
unavailable' when it rains! Just like ASTRO, dua kali lima aje.

A month later, I went back to the outlet to cancel off the Maxis service but
I was dead wrong, according to those bargers there, I had signed a 12 month
agreement with Maxis! WTF! Agreement that I must stayed on with them
for at least 12 months! OMG! I thought that signing on the dotted lines was
just a formality or acknowledgement of receipt. Those people did not bring
up this so called agreement to my attention! Its a bloody cheat.

Not happy with those people in that particular outlet, I went up to KLCC
Maxis, their HQ I guess, to solve and find a solution. But nay, they told me
the same fucking story, that I had no choice but to honour the agreement.
Imagine paying RM900( 12 months fees) for something that you are not
happy with and you can't do anything about it! Just like feeling trapped
in a dungeon and can't find the way out.

Having no other choice, I paid up the monthly fee RM78 religiously until
it was time to ask Maxis 'go fly kite' and terminating the broadband
service which hardly can work during raining days or if your laptop is
600 ft above sea level. So this afternoon, a Sunday where I dropped at
Maxis in KLCC to cut off my ties with Maxis as far as broadband is
concerned.
But surprise, surprise awaits me. Now these Maxis people informed me
that I could not terminate the service without returning the modem to them!
WTF! They want back the MODEM! These fuckers refused to let me
go free, OMG!

To me, it doesn't make sense, no logic la. Look, I told them I already paid
for the 12 months fees and I don't owe them one fucking sen and somemore
I'd honoured the service agreement, so HOW COME the modem still doesn't
belong to me! Got logic , ah?

Just like you already paid up a hire purchase product, a car or a house
then when you ask for the ownership document, they tell you your property
still belong to THEM! My, those burgers at Maxis really know how to make
your temperature go sky high, don't they?

Okay back to my modem, Maxis, let me tell you something: I ain't giving
you the modem becoz I believe it belongs to me and moreover I felt was
hoodwinked by your Maxis staff in the very first place!

Maxis you can take whatever actions against me, but I'll stand firmly on
my ground and I DON'T give a hoot or two about what you wanna do!

DAMM YOU MAXIS!

2 comments:

  1. hi..i'm in the same case as u are..i'm on rm118 plan per month and it's been 3 years i used it..recently i went to maxis centre to terminate the line and they ask me to give back the modem..i was shock because your comment does make sense when u said you've completed the contract but yet they still want the modem back..i wasn't told about this when i bought my maxis broadband in 2008..the guy told me that after 12 or 18 months,the modem is automatically mine..so have your problem solved??because mine haven't and i don't know what to do..

    ReplyDelete
  2. ANON 10:57
    Just ignore Maxis' request for modem or payment
    They can't do anything either.

    ReplyDelete