nuffnang

Sunday, February 13, 2011

NEW RESTAURANT IN TOWN

Saw this newly opened restaurant around my working place


Nothing wrong or funny nor weird about this makan place except
the signage which practically caught my attention.

77
ES TELER JUARA INDONESIA

Now, what does it say or what does it mean?

Am sure those of you who know Bahasa Melayu and literate has no
problem with the figure 77 and Juara Indonesia, right?
Yea, 77 is a name and juara Indonesia is Indonesia Champion but
how about ES TELER? And how do you pronounce them?

Any takers?

Well to kill a curiosity cat, I sibuk2 a bit la and asked an Indonesian
friend. And this what I understand.

77
is the name of the restoran restaurant, you know like 7 -11
ES is ice or Ais in BM (ES pronounce as S)
TELER is Mix fruit ( TELER pronounce as TEHLER)

Ha ha, funny or not with the pronunciations?? Okay now let me
show you their signature drink ES TELER


It looks impressive on its menu so I ordered 3 take- away of ES
TELER



I was given 3 ES TELER drink using some lousy cheap looking
paper cups!
On reaching my office, we found out we have to stir our drink with
straws but heck, no plastic spoon or stirrer! DAMN.


Anyway, the drink is nothing to drool about really, sweet maybe
too sweet for me and basically consists of various fruits like
coconut, lemon and avocado. ES TELER comes with a pricey tag
RM 6 per cup.No thanks, not another cup of ES TELER again.

Perhaps I might try one of these some days


A nice refreshing Indonesia cendol for a change


Or a cappuccino that might give you a new different taste altogether
unlike from San Francisco coffee.

Frankly with pricey drinks, I have to think twice before my next
patronage to this so called 77 ES TELER.

No comments:

Post a Comment