nuffnang

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

IN SUPPORT OF PPSMI & A MUST PASS IN ENGLISH SPM

WHEN the air-conditioning system suddenly broke down at a warehouse sale, the deejay apologised loudly over the PA system: “Sorry for your uncomfortable.”
I wove my way to the exit and when I paused to look at some bargains, a sales assistant stepped up to ask: “Can I hep chew?” My make-up was starting to melt in the sweltering heat, so I just smiled at her speechlessly and left the warehouse-turned-sauna.
In a cafĂ©, a foreigner asked: “May I have a glass of ice water?” The waiter came back with two glasses, one filled with plain water and the other with ice. I guess the foreigner was not amused when he found he had to make his own glass of ice water!
(Read the full text here by Peggy Loh.)

Do I need to say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment