nuffnang

Monday, June 29, 2009

THOU SHALL NOT CANE IN COURT


Phew! I was too happy and almost
got carried away by the report
from The Malaysian Mirror that
The Bar Council too,protested on
caning an offender openly in court.
What I've written in my previous
post under 'kena rotan in court'
(see post below) concurred to
what the Bar Council 's protest.



"Judges must understand their role and what they are and are not
allowed to do as we have checks and balances and a separation of powers under the law," law society president Ragunath Kesavan (pix) told AFP.
What I said in my post..
I always thought a judge duty is only pass judgment and be a judge
and a judge only, nothing but a judge! Nothing more nothing less

"He cannot be the judge and executioner and moreover judges do not have the experience or training to carry out such punishment,"
he added.

What I said
If this fella Muhammad Syafiq needs caning and imprisonment,
please send him to the prison authority.

Now the Chief Justice Chief Justice Zaki Azmi has intervened
and told the Star daily the planned caning would be investigated.
"I am asking the senior judge in the Kuala Lumpur High Court to
look into it and take the appropriate action," he told the paper.

BRAVO, BAR COUNCIL,my salute!

No comments:

Post a Comment